What is dryer vent cleaning? The chances that you have heard about it are high. However, you probably don’t know that thousands of fires occur yearly because of clothes dryers. The underlying reason for those is clogged dryer vents. Surprising, isn’t it?
If you have a dryer vent in the house, you must be 100% sure of how to exploit it properly. Aftercare and regular dryer vent cleaning in Hamilton are on the maintenance list.
Dryer Vent Cleaning – The Definition
The primary factor to discuss is what the vent cleaning looks like. If you are using your dryer all the time, no matter the appliance’s quality, some lint gets into the vent and piles up over the days the dryer is in use. When the lint and debris build up to the clogging point, professional help is needed if you want to keep the household safe.
A professional that visits the house will use special tools designed for the purpose. Usually, the used equipment will force the air up the vent to eliminate all the build-up. So, the method cleans the vets thoroughly without leaving any mess behind.
Do You Need to Clean the Vent Often?
When you learn why you need dryer vent cleaning, another obvious question arises – how often should you have it cleaned? There is no one-for-all answer since it depends on how often you use the dryer. A yearly check-up and cleaning may be enough if you rarely use them. However, an inspection every three months is needed if the dryer is constantly in use.
How Do You Know That The Vent is Getting Clogged?
Some common signs indicate a lint build-up problem. You should pay attention to the following:
- The drying time – if it takes longer than usual to dry your clothes, you need to consider calling a professional and scheduling a check-up.
- Hot clothes – whenever you are about to take the clothes out of the dryer and burn hot even to the touch, this indicates a problem. The less air gets in and out. Thus, the dryer and the clothes get heated to an unwanted point.
- Burning smell – this sign should alarm you straight away. When the lint builds up, it becomes overly flammable. As the dryer is on and working, the lint can get caught on fire and lead to serious damage.
- The vent hood is stuck – if you can’t open the hood flap, it’s a definite sign of lint clogging, and professional assistance is required.
Main Benefits of Dryer Vent Cleaning
Sometimes, the clogged vent issue does not sound serious enough. That is when the main advantages of the act should be brought to light. They are the following:
- Your clothes will dry twice as fast
- No damp or burning clothes to deal with
- Enhanced household safety
- The energy consumption is cut in half
- Extended appliance lifetime
You may indeedtry to clean your dryer vent on your own. However, while you can deal with such areas as lint catcher and tailpipe, the other areas are challenging to deal with when there is no professional help. Don’t treat the matter lightly; have your vent inspected right now!