Not everyone enjoys doing routine home maintenance. However, quite a few tasks are necessary to keep your home safe, secure, and comfortable. Sadly, some of these tasks are neglected by many homeowners. They might be unaware of their importance.
Why do I need dryer vent cleaning in Richmond Hill? Well, the primary reason is that it can prevent house fires. Dryer fires are one of the main causes of house fires in Canada and worldwide.
Having your dryer vents professionally cleaned by DRVC can help reduce the chance of fire. In addition, it can save you a lot of money on costly dryer repairs. In the following article, we shall discuss the importance of dryer vent cleaning.
Why Do Dryer Vent Cleaning
What If I Wait Too Long to Have My Dryer Vents Cleaned?
It is best to have your dryer vents professionally cleaned at least once a year. You could purchase a dryer cleaning kit and do it yourself. However, hiring a professional dryer duct cleaning company is the best way to ensure that your vents are properly cleaned to keep your dryer running smoothly and to protect your home and your family.
- If you have clogged vents, your dryer will work overtime to dry your clean laundry. This not only puts additional wear and tear on your clothes but also on your dryer. Routine cleaning can save your dryer from unnecessary, costly repairs. In addition, it can help prolong its lifespan.
- Dryer lint is extremely flammable. Clogged dryer vents are a severe potential fire hazard. In addition, clogged vents can also cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide can escape into your home as opposed to being forced outdoors in case of clogged vents.
- In addition to lint and dust, mold can accumulate in your dryer vents. Clogged vents can grow mold as they remove moisture from your home. Mold can cause severe health issues, so you want to have your vents cleaned to avoid mold forming in your dryer vents.
- If your dryer works harder to dry your clothes, you will notice a sudden spike in your energy costs. It may also take more than one full cycle to dry your clothes. You can save money on energy bills by regularly cleaning your dryer vents.
How Do I Know My Dryer Vents Need to be Cleaned?
- Your dryer is hot to the touch. If the vents are clogged, there is no way for the heat to escape, and your dryer will overheat. This can also be a fire hazard.
- Your clothes smell burned, or you notice a burning smell in your laundry room.
- You smell mold or mildew in your laundry room or notice mold growth near your dryer vents.
- You have a noticeable increase in your energy costs but cannot attribute it to any other reason.
- Your clothes are taking longer than usual to dry.
- Your clothes are full of animal hair, lint, or other debris when you remove them from the dryer.
- Your dryer is smoking, or you notice sparks shooting out of the electric socket. (If this happens, immediately turn off the dryer, unplug it if safe, and call for help!)
As you can see, dryer vent cleaning is something every homeowner should make part of their yearly home maintenance routine! It can save you time and money and give you peace of mind against dryer fires!
For more information on why you need to do this, contact DRVC. We will provide a free quote for quality professional dryer duct cleaning for your home or business.